Today’s post is just a simple assortment of Halloween cupcakes, using a few different candies and cookies to make some super cute designs. Learn how to make a ghost, owl, witch hat, mummy, zombie, gravestone and an eyeball!
Personally, I can resist most candy unless it’s chocolate, especially chocolate/peanut butter combinations, so the box of Reese’s Pieces I bought to decorate the little owls didn’t last too long. And at my sister’s house, she and her husband are always trying to bogart the Kit-Kats that show up in their kids’ candy bags.
It was so fun to make a variety of designs, and while I had scribbled down at least a dozen more that I wanted to do, I limited myself to just these 7 designs. The owls are nothing new, as I’ve been seeing this idea for a few years now and I’m not sure where it originated, but it was too cute to not include.
You Might Also Like
Please check out my Amazon Shop for a curated collection of some of my favorite cake pans from trusted brands, baking tools, ingredients, pretty things and fashion finds. I recommend products that I buy and use every day!
Did you love today’s recipe? Please rate the recipe and let me know in the comments what you thought! Also, be sure to follow Curly Girl Kitchen on Instagram, and tag me when you try one of my recipes so I can see all your delicious creations!
All recipes on Curly Girl Kitchen are developed for high altitude at 5,280 feet. See FAQs for adjusting to higher or lower elevations.
- 2 dozen cupcakes, any flavor
- 2 cups buttercream
- Milano cookies
- Reese's Pieces
- Hershey's Kisses
- chocolate sprinkles
- candy eyes
- gel food coloring
- piping bags and tips
- Fancy Witch Hat: Pipe the ruffly buttercream using the large drop flower tip. Attach a Hershey’s Kiss to half an Oreo with a little buttercream, any flavor, and pipe dots around the edge of the hat.
- RIP Gravestone: Cut the Milano cookies in half. Pipe RIP onto the cookie gravestones and stick into the frosting. Sprinkle with crushed Oreo crumbs.
- Mummy: Use a flat tip to pipe white buttercream back and forth across the cupcake and press the candy eyes into the middle.
- Eyeball: Frost with white buttercream, then pipe squiggly red lines from the center to the edge. Press a candy eye in the center.
- Owl: Place two Oreo halves, frosting side up, on the cupcake. Add a brown Reese’s Pieces for the eyeball. Add an orange Reese’s Pieces for the nose, and brown ones at the top for the eyebrows.
- Ghost: Pipe white buttercream onto the cupcake with a large round tip, swirling it around to a point. Add two sprinkles or candy sugar pearls for the eyes.
- Zombie: Frost cupcake with white buttercream. Add a candy eyeball, and make the other eye and mouth with red piping and chocolate sprinkles.